The beautiful scenery and rich history of the Settle to Carlisle railway line has inspired many artists to pick up their brushes and capture the essence of this historic track.
Some of the paintings by artists like B. J. Freeman and Malcolm Root have been turned into unique greetings and birthday cards that are now available to buy online.
These make fantastic gifts, or souveniers for all enthusiasts of this historic railway, and we have collected a few of these greeting cards below and show you where you can buy them. They look especially good framed and put on display.
Land of Lost Content – Settle-Carlisle Railway (Card):
This card was painted by B. J. Freeman and depicts the “The Waverley” express travelling from Edinburgh to London St. Pancras. The card measures 17.5 x 12.5 cm and is blank inside so you can personalise it – or simply frame it for display. The card also comes with a quality cream envelope, and is cellophane wrapped. You can buy it from Amazon.co.uk for £1.50. BUY IT HERE
- Painted by B. J. Freeman GRA
- BR ex-LMS Jubilee Class 4-6-0′s 45608 “Gibraltar” and 45729 “Furious”
- “The Waverley” express from Edinburgh to London St. Pancras
- Ais Gill summit, Cumbria, the highest point on the Settle-Carlisle Line, with Wild Boar Fell in the background
- Blank Card on the inside
Royal Train at Artengill – Settle-Carlisle Railway (Card):
This card shows the Royal Train at Artengill on the Settle to Carlisle Railway. It was painted by Malcolm Root and measures 17.5 x 12.5 cm. The card is blank inside, so if you want to send it to anyone then you can write your own message on the inside. Each card comes with a good quality cream envelope, and is cellophane wrapped. Superb, highly detailed artwork which will look good on display. You can buy it from Amazon.co.uk for £1.50. BUY IT HERE.
- Painted by Malcolm Root GRA
- LMS locomotive hauling the Royal Train
- Artengill Viaduct on the Settle-Carlisle Railway
- Blank on the inside
Approaching Dent – Settle-Carlisle Railway (Card)
This is another Malcolm Root painting that has been turned into a card showing a Jubilee Class 4-6-0 45608 “Gibraltar” approaching Dent station – Dent station is the highest mainline station in England. This card is 17.5 x 12.5 cm and costs only £1.50 from Amazon.co.uk. BUY IT HERE
- Painted by Malcolm Root GRA
- R ex-LMS Jubilee Class 4-6-0 45608 “Gibraltar”
- Dent, on the Settle-Carlisle Railway, is the highest mainline station in England
- “Happy Birthday” printed inside card
This card features a painting originally by David Weston and depicts a Scot locomotive steaming its way through the snow on Aisgill. The card measures 17 x 12.5 cm, comes with a good quality envelope, and is cellophane wrapped. Superb, highly detailed artwork which will look good on display. Available now from Amazon.co.uk for £1.50. FIND OUT MORE
- From the painting by David Weston
- A rebuilt Scot locomotive on Aisgill
- Settle-Carlisle Railway
- Blank inside